- Before a manufactured home may be moved on the highways of Alabama, a move permit must be obtained. One fee of $10 will be charged for the moving of each manufactured home (regardless of the number of transportable modules to be moved). However, a move permit valid for fourteen (14) calendar days will be issued for each transportable module.
- Proof of payment of any applicable ad valorem tax or the current registration fee, issuance fee, and any applicable penalties shall be required before the move permit will be issued.
- Any person moving a manufactured home without a move permit will be issued a traffic citation and shall be guilty of a class C misdemeanor, and upon conviction shall be subject to a fine of not less than $50. Any law enforcement official in the State of Alabama may issue the traffic citation.
- This move permit shall be in addition to any other moving permits required by law. This move permit satisfies the requirement under the revenue manufactured home laws only.
- A copy of the move permit shall be forwarded to the county of destination.